Operations Research Analyst
Operations Research Analyst
Do you want to build a system that will improve Veteran’s access to care and benefits? FFS is hiring candidates like you to make a difference in Veteran care.
The work includes designing, coding, unit testing, developing, and documenting critical and complex application programs Healthcare applications based on Java, Web services, and open source code. The employee performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment. Employee performs in accordance with established project standards and processes.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Formulate mathematical or statistical models of problems and present the results of modeling and data mining/analysis to management, end users, and stakeholders.
- Analyze information obtained from management to conceptualize and define operational problems, study and analyze alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
- Gather data requirements and validate information, applying judgment and statistical tests.
- Analyze security of systems, networks, and data and ensure that applications can be continuously released with high levels of confidence while also improving the scalability, reliability, quality and performance.
- Prepare management reports defining and evaluating problems and recommending solutions.
- Collaborate with team members and lead to ensure successful implementation of chosen problem solutions.
- Break systems into their components and examine the statistical relationships between them.
- Design, conduct, and evaluate experimental operational models in cases where models cannot be developed from existing data.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to determine design specifications and create an Architectural Design Document.
- Develop and implement standards, policies, and procedures in collaboration with client teams to prioritize shipping Minimal Viable Products.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and reformulate models as necessary.
- Establish functional or system standards to address operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints.
- Update Product lead regularly about the progress of testing activities
- Backup Subject matter expert (SME)
- Use Quality Manager IBM Rational and other JAZZ tools to document, perform, link, manage and capture test scripts, test plans and test results to CM and RM artifacts and work items.
- Coordinate with development teams in the implementation of product quality and delivery processes
- Create and execute Functional, Smoke, Compliance, Web Services, GUI, System, Negative, Backend, Performance and Regression Testing
- Testing X12 Parsers for data mining
- Develop functional test automation suite using Java and Selenium web driver
- Write groovy scripts for testing REST API services
- Create SQL queries in database management tools such as SQL Developer and TOAD
Level of Supervision
Under general supervision, employee proceeds alone on regular duties, referring questionable cases to Senior Program Developer or Program Manager.
- Bachelors’ in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or Mathematics or closely related field + 3 years of experience, OR
- Master’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or Mathematics or closely related field + 1 years of experience.
- Experience in software development and SDLC, basic coding and compilation, software architecture/design, product validation and testing, Agile/Scrum methodology, data analysis and modeling, user requirements definition and software specification development.
- Work experience with VHA Purchased care, EDI, and/or other VA applications preferable
- Active security clearance, VA access preferable.
- Possess knowledge of IEEE, SEI CMMI, FEA, PRM, BRM and VA Enterprise Architecture standards.
- Ability to estimate and plan work based on priority and LOE.
- Federal Security Clearance preferable